What we do
We help people change their lives through sustainable life choices and ultimately change the community they are a part of. Established over a decade ago, Break the Cycle's primary focus is for the community of Macquarie Fields. Set up as a not-for-profit organisation, Break the Cycle is committed to assisting people wherever they are from, whatever their circumstances, irrespective of ethnicity, religious belief or any other distinction.
To date Break the Cycle has been able to
- help hundreds of clients with Food and finanical Assistance
- provide more than a quarter of a million dollars of no-interest micro-loans to local residents to help them get back on their feet
- supply affordable groceries from our community pantry to scores of needy families
- support a thriving men's shed, encouraging local men to learn and share skills and support one another
- provide opportunities for those with state debts to work off thousands of dollars of their obligations under the Work Development Order scheme
- support clients through the criminal justice process, showing the courts how with the right opportunities and support men and women can avoid custodial sentences and turn their lives around
- cheer on a growing number of graduates from our SORTED and EMPOWER lifeskill courses
- host a variety of counselling and support services encompassing help with emotional, relational, family, legal and financial needs.
- partner with local educational providers to reach out to members of our local community who would normally not be able to attend courses